lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] VMware

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] VMware
Date: Sat, 12 Jun 2010 17:04:10 +0200

Adam Fullerton wrote:
Hi,

Has anyone experienced problems with machines running through VMware?
No, I have been communicating with an lwIP devices from WinXP inside a VM and it works fine.
What I see is lwIP rejecting packets sent from an application within
a virtual machine due to checksum mismatch. Wireshark reveals that
extra non-zero bytes have been added to the outgoing message.
Extra bytes (whether zero or not) should not matter: the checksum should only be calculated over the length of the packet which is encoded in the IP header. To ensure this, incoming packets are truncated to that length in ip_input(). Do you check the checksum before passing the packet to ip_input? Because I have already been getting (short ACK-) packets that are < 60 bytes and padded with zeroes and that worked fine.

Simon