lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] lwBT

From: Kieran Mansley
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] lwBT
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 2010 20:38:01 +0100

On 22 Jul 2010, at 20:11, Bill Auerbach wrote:

> Why do you expect an answer to a post which you admit was off topic?  Just
> because lwBT has lw in the name doesn’t make it any more likely that an lwIP
> user knows any more about it than a user would in any other protocol group.

It's not entirely off topic.  As I understand it the lwBT project provides a
network interface that uses bluetooth and interfaces to lwIP, allowing lwIP to
work over bluetooth.  It is effectively a partial port of lwIP.  I looked at it
a few years ago but not in any detail, mainly just to check that the licence
being used to distribute the lwIP parts was compatible with lwIP.  My guess is
that it uses an old version of lwIP, but this may be wrong.  Even if it does I
expect it wouldn't be hard to update it to the current version.  Sadly it
doesn't seem to have its own development site, mailing lists, etc, so I'm
assuming it isn't being actively developed.

It has been discussed here before, although not in any detail, e.g.:

http://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/lwip-users/2008-08/msg00075.html

So to answer the original question as to whether I've heard of lwBT: yes, but
I've never used it so can't help in any practical way.

Kieran