lwip-users

[lwip-users] REE Sample Code

From: Adam Fullerton
Subject: [lwip-users] REE Sample Code
Date: Fri, 23 Jul 2010 15:26:56 +0100

Hi All,

Over the last few weeks I have been writing sample code for Renesas Electronics Europe which integrates lwIP 1.3.2. I am aware that many lwIP users take the silicone vendors sample code and then find themselves debugging network drivers and other issues not related to lwIP. Renesas have a very thorough QA system through which this code must pass, so with any luck it should be fairly bug free. However, help testing is always appreciated.

I would like the lwIP community to have a preview of the code before it is documented and released.
Please can you send all criticisms, comments & suggestions directly to me:
mailto:address@hidden

Please note:
1. The workspace contains a library (FullFAT.lib) with James Walmsey's FullFAT which is under the GPL V3 licence. http://www.fullfat-fs.co.uk/. 2. If you have access to an RSK2+SH7264 evaluation board you will need to check U17.
On some boards the part LAN9218 was populated instead of the part LAN89218.
The LAN921 is not supported and will not work.
3. A telet connection will only work with a passive client (such as HyperTerminal) because there is no telnet protocol implemented (see PuTTY Configuration.pdf). 4. The network interface can be configured with a USB keyboard or through the serial port (115200,N,8,1)
5. The default configuration is set to DHCP.
If there is no DHCP server on the network a static IP address will need to be set, type:
ipconfig -i:192.168.S.I -g:192.168.S.G -m:255:255:255:0 -off -s<CR>
where S is the subnet, G is the gateway and I is the address.

ipconfig -o<CR> where o is one of the following options
         -r = Reset to default settings
         -s = Save current settings
         -i:XXXX:XXXX:XXXX:XXXX = Set IP address
         -m:XXXX:XXXX:XXXX:XXXX = Set IP address mask
         -g:XXXX:XXXX:XXXX:XXXX = Set DHCP server gateway address
         -on = Enable DCHP
         -off = Disable DCHP
         -all = Display current settings
         (no option) = Command list display

The lwIP status call back prints a message on the LCD showing the network settings (see Snap_0.jpg). 6. To browse a web page on an attached Mass Storage device type the address of the device followed by a drive letter and a colon:
192.168.243.2/a:/progman.html
7. The REE embedded web site is under construction!

The WebEngine workspace is available here:
www.ardware.co.uk/rte/ree_lwip_webio.zip

The HEW IDE can be downloaded from here:
http://america.renesas.com/products/tools/ide/ide_hew/ide_hew_tools_product_landing.jsp

I would like to thank the lwIP community for their support.

Best regards,

Adam Fullerton.