lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] Questions about LwIP

From: Simon Goldschmidt
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] Questions about LwIP
Date: Wed, 6 Oct 2010 16:46:52 +0200

 Luis Rossi <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hi, i need to implement a simple webserver on a low-end 32 bits uCU with no
> OS and i found uIP and lwIP.
>
> I have a few questions regarding lwIP.
>
> Is it possible to use it with no OS? If yes, is there any performance loss?

Actually, it might be even faster without an OS, depending on what your CPU
does besides serving web pages. depending on your main loop, there may be a
delay introduced between the MAC receiving a packet and the web server
processing it. However, throughput should not be affected.

> Can i use the uIP webserver with lwIP?

Don't know about hIp, but there's a web server for lwIP in the contrib module,
so you don't have to use the uIP one.

> Whats the max throughput i can get with lwIP?

That largely depends on your hardware and the MAC driver.

> Is there any free recommended WebServer that can be used with lwIP?

Take the one from contrib. It has CGI and SSI support by now and is stable
enough for my current product... :-)

Simon