lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] OT: Is the AutoIP range a special case IP addressrange?

From: Simon Goldschmidt
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] OT: Is the AutoIP range a special case IP addressrange?
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2010 13:47:53 +0100

David Empson <address@hidden> wrote:
> > BTW: This does *not* work for me under Windows XP, where I have to
> > manually
> > configure a 2nd address in the AutoIP range. Which version of windows
> were
> > you
> > using, Bill and David?
>
> Works for me on Windows XP SP3. Behaviour appears to be identical to Mac
> OS X.

I can *not* confirm this. All I see in wireshark is a ping request sent to the
MAC address of my router, which means that windows tries to send the packet to
the default route since it does not find a match in its routing table. The
NIC's metric does decide which interface is used, but I can not communicate via
unicast to an AutoIP device (BTW: Windows XP Professional, Version 2002,
Service Pack 3).

Any input on this is greatly appreciated!

Simon