lwip-users

[lwip-users] questions (help and advice needed)

From: shogun
Subject: [lwip-users] questions (help and advice needed)
Date: Sun, 28 Nov 2010 16:31:00 -0500

> Message: 3
> Date: Sun, 28 Nov 2010 15:53:03 +0000
> From: Kieran Mansley <address@hidden>
> Subject: Re: [lwip-users] Api questions (help and advice needed)
>

> On 28 Nov 2010, at 15:37, shogun wrote:
>
> >  Since the document is out of date, what
> > should I be reading and using for a reference to help me understand this
> > select the right API and implement it correctly?
>
> The most up to date documentation is the lwIP wiki.
>
> Kieran

Kieran,
Thanks for confirming the wiki is the most up to date.  I have been reading
documentation on the wiki and was wondering if you or someone could give me
more insight into some of the questions I had in my last email.  I would
prefer to keep using the RAW API when I add the RTOS but I do not know if
that is a wise idea or not or if I should *not* use the raw API with the
RTOS.  From reading the wiki on Application API layers, I see the
advantages/disadvantages of the three interfaces and it does sound like the
RAW is the preferred for performance.  I am not concerned with portability
so I probably should not consider the Socket API.

In the most simple terms, my question is if I use the RAW API, do I need two
tasks for the lwip stack as described in section "12.2 Implementation of the
API" of the document "Design and Implementation of the lwIP. TCP/IP Stack".
It's not clear to me what goes in what context with and without a RTOS.

Could you help me understand this any better ?

Thanks,
DB