lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] OT: Windows blocking receive broadcasts

From: Simon Goldschmidt
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] OT: Windows blocking receive broadcasts
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2010 20:46:56 +0100

I just had a similar problem, where windows didn't pass a unicast packet to my application when the device and the windows PC had the same IP address. Turns out it was a windows firewall issue although the same program was running fine without a firewall exception...

Simon

"Bill Auerbach" <address@hidden> wrote:

I just ran into something.  A customer programmed a bad static IP address in his lwIP-based device My ipconfig utility broadcasts a whos there UDP message and is broadcasted back from the lwIP device the here I am packet.  The problem is, with the bad IP address as the source, Windows will not send the packet to the program.  But, Wireshark does show both broadcasts Tthe user is not sure what was entered, I can make it happen if I set the lwIP device to 250.168.1.1.  I know its in the unicast range, but why is this effecting broadcasts?  Going forward we will better error check the static address that the user enters, but is this broadcast filtering expected?

Thanks,

Bill