lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] Using HostName with lwip 1.4.0

From: Kieran Mansley
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] Using HostName with lwip 1.4.0
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2011 13:39:56 +0000

On Tue, 2011-01-11 at 05:25 -0800, Diecol wrote:
> I downloaded my "1.4.0" version at
> http://en.pudn.com/downloads150/sourcecode/embed/detail647814_en.html
> and it works fine so far..

The 1.4 number you're seeing is I think the version of that port and
driver, not the version of lwIP that it uses.  Best guess from looking
at the source is that it's roughly lwIP 1.1.1, and is over four years
old.  You're using 3rd party code that is very out of date, and so even
more unsupported than normal.  I suggest either finding a more recent
port to your hardware, or developing your own port based on lwIP
1.4.0rc1 from the official lwIP pages on savannah.  Trying to transplant
a few files from current lwIP development into your code base (as
described in your original email) won't work I'm afraid.

Kieran