lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] Using HostName with lwip 1.4.0

From: Kieran Mansley
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] Using HostName with lwip 1.4.0
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2011 19:42:46 +0000

On 11 Jan 2011, at 18:25, Diecol wrote:

> So, I replace in external libs folder of my project the new version ow lwip
> and now I'm trying to modifie step by step ;(

That won't work.  There are three parts to the code you have:

1) Your network hardware driver
2) lwIP core code - this is what you have downloaded from savannah
3) The operating system specific port of lwIP

These three all have dependencies on each other.  You've replaced (2) in the
list above with a newer version, but the APIs in that version that connect it
to the network driver and the operating specific port will be different - they
are changed and improved as we develop the lwIP core.

There are also the lwIP configuration files which will have had some minor
changes over time - new items added, perhaps some default values have changed -
so you should also review those.

You will need to update the network driver and operating system specific port
to work with the newer APIs.  This is somewhere where we don't have a lot of
documentation, but there is some detail on the wiki about changes in recent
versions and what to update.  Unfortunately this doesn't go back as far as the
1.1.1 version that you're starting from, so you will have a bit of work to do.
If you can't do that by yourself you might be lucky and find that someone else
has already done a port of the lwIP core to your operating system and hardware
driver (much like the code you found originally that included lwIP 1.1.1, but
for lwIP 1.4.0rc1).

Kieran