lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] TCP_LISTEN_BACKLOG setting problem

From: Simon Goldschmidt
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] TCP_LISTEN_BACKLOG setting problem
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2011 13:21:03 +0100

Mrutyunjay <address@hidden> wrote:
> if i set TCP_LISTEN_BACKLOG 0  , I can see 1 active connection and 8 in
> queue , 9th connection is rejected.

Setting TCP_LISTEN_BACKLOG==0 means "disabled". In this case, backlog is
limited by the number of PCBs.

> if i set TCP_LISTEN_BACKLOG 1  , I can see 1 active connection and 1 in
> queue.

In lwIP, the listen backlog is the number of incoming connections queued for
accept(), meaning once you accepted one connection, another one is free to be
queued for the next accept call. Open client connections previously accepted do
not count in here.

SWimon