lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] sockets lwipopts.h problem

From: Simon Goldschmidt
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] sockets lwipopts.h problem
Date: Sun, 27 Feb 2011 11:27:06 +0100

 "Mullanix, Todd" <address@hidden> wrote:

> I turned off the LWIP_COMPAT_SOCKETS option and it built.  I verified that a
> tcp echo example worked.

Great!

> The way all the lwip files are included into app is via a file that includes
> all the lwip source files. This file had a #include "sockets.h" via another
> header file. So it looks like this is the problem.

Yes, that was it.

> What is the "standard" way to add all the lwip files into a project? Manually
> list them all in the project or #include them in a source file and include
> that file in your project.

The standard way would be to add all lwIP files to a library which you can then
add to your guild system. For small projects, adding all lwIP files will be as
good.

However, including all files in one big C file might lead to the problems seen
here. In general, in C it might also conflict with multiple static variables
having the same name in different files, but I don't know if we have that in
lwIP.

Also, I think the way lwIP redefines the socket functions can lead to problems,
so we might consider changing it...

Simon