lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] Lwip timer ISR priority

From: Kieran Mansley
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] Lwip timer ISR priority
Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2011 12:32:00 +0000

On Fri, 2011-03-18 at 10:38 +0100, Andrea Merello wrote:
> Just to make sure I've got it; this means also that user APIs like
> udp_sendto must be called with ints disabled (or priority rised) when
> used in the "main loop" to avoid races with eth ISR and lwip timer
> ISR?

That's one way, although personally I would instead make sure that
interrupts weren't calling into the stack directly, and were instead
queueing work (received packets, timers firing, etc) for the main loop
to process.  Your main loop is then free to do what it likes and leave
interrupts enabled.

Kieran