lwip-users

[lwip-users] LwIP and DONTROUTE flag

From: Martin Persich
Subject: [lwip-users] LwIP and DONTROUTE flag
Date: Sat, 2 Apr 2011 20:31:29 +0200

Hi All,

is in LwIP stack any possibility to send UDP packet to specified IP address
without routing (using of gateway IP address) ?

I want to built configuration function to my application which allow
remotely change device IP address from equipment (PC) with IP address from
another subnet.
This technique are used by many manufacturer:
1. PC send UDP packet to specific port and broadcast IP (255.255.255.255)
2. Device listens on the specific port and if the received packet is
designated for this device, it send UDP reply packet to originate IP address
without routing.

I found definition for SOF_DONTROUTE flag in "ip.h" file, but it is not used
anywhere ... :-(

Is there another possibility in LwIP ?

Thanks.
Martin Persich