lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] disconnect - connect delay

From: Simon Goldschmidt
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] disconnect - connect delay
Date: Mon, 04 Apr 2011 10:56:46 +0200

brak brak2 <address@hidden> wrote:
> And Yes, I want to limit connection to only one because I don't have
> space in RAM for 2 or more HTTP requests

For most browser, you don't need to save the HTTP request in RAM because most
of the time, the request will come in in one packet. I know that's not really
conforming to the standard, but it does save a lot of RAM.

If you implement it like that, you do have to keep connection states for 2 (or
more) connections, but not the request.

BTW, if you are that limited in RAM, you might be better off using uIP instead
of lwIP.

Oh, and another thought regarding speed: you might trick the browser into using
only one connection by correctly implementing HTTP/1.1 persistent connections:
the browser might think it's faster to re-use one connection if it's a
persistent one.

Simon