lwip-users

[lwip-users] LWIP stops responding on ping and HTTP calls from a webbrow

From: Ruben
Subject: [lwip-users] LWIP stops responding on ping and HTTP calls from a webbrowser
Date: Fri, 22 Apr 2011 12:04:01 +0200

Dear all

I am using Lwip 1.3.1 & 1.3.2 untill recently I had no problems using the stack.
But now I'am experiencing something strange. I use a webserver and a telnet module.

After a boot of the software everything works ok. I can Ping, acces the webserver pages, open the telnet server.
But at a point the websever and ping stop working. In wireshark i see my PC sending request to the embedded device
a STM32F217 but the stack does not send a respons.

After some waiting the ping work again and the webserver is also reachable. however something for a short period.

I am thingking that some resources on lwip the stack are not cleared properly and after a timeout period some parts of the stack are cleaned.

when I stated using Lwip is was able to run ping and webserver for days without blocking or failing. But somehow this is compromised.

does anyone have any sugestions or question on how to find out more about the problem.

I set a breakpoint in the TCP.c and Tcp_in file where I think the program should proces any data. in normal operation this breakpoint is serviced however when the request from the PC is not answered the breakpoint is not reached.

Thanks ik advance for everyone wo read this and might have a suggestion.

Ruben