lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] lwIP example for Luminary Micro LM39B90 MCU - debug hel

From: Martin Velek
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] lwIP example for Luminary Micro LM39B90 MCU - debug help
Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2011 13:21:39 +0200

Hi,

> FreeRTOS (very popular platform) for newbies to easily start developing
> using netconn api.
What kind of FreeRTOS - Luminary(TI) porting example are you using?

> spaces, etc), MCU crashes in tcpip_thread. I tried to double, triple,
Could you more explain "crashes in tcpip_thread."? Does your MCU end
inside data abort, undefined instruction or some other interrupt? Or
the tcpip_thread begins to listen and never wakes-up?

> I use tcpip_thread, ethernet interrupt thread woken up from ISR to
> call stellarisif_interrupt() pushing data into the stack. Ethernet
> ISR priority is set to configMAX_SYSCALL_INTERRUPT_PRIORITY
> (issue specific for Cortex-M3).
You should redesign your code. You should never do a time-consuming
action inside an ISR. Could you create a task to push data into the
stack that is activated by a semaphore from the ISR?

> I'll provide full code for request.
Are you able to debug the LWIPstack? You have do define a debug
function. The LWIP has a great debug capability. I would recommend to
use it.
Can you send your FreeRTOS ethernet driver + LWIP adaptation layer?

Regards
Martin