lwip-users

[lwip-users] tcp_bind

From: Ruben
Subject: [lwip-users] tcp_bind
Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2011 11:08:28 +0200

Hello

I added a function in my serial hyperterminal menu to get a new ip address from a DHCP server in case the cable was disconnected during initial DHCP request.

I tried to make a windows like repair for ethernet by calling "netif_remove(&netif);"
and reinit the ethernet phy and request a IP from a DHCP server.
This works I het a new valid IP address and can Ping the device.

A problem occurs when i try to make a TCP connection from a webbrowser to the device.
This incomming connection is discarded of not handled properly.

in the function

netif_set_ipaddr(struct netif *netif, struct ip_addr *ipaddr)
{
  /* TODO: Handling of obsolete pcbs */
  /* See:  http://mail.gnu.org/archive/html/lwip-users/2003-03/msg00118.html */

the listening TCP port are reconfigured with the new IP addres.
however after the DHCP server assigned a new IP adres the webserver in the device is no longer working.

Should I somehow unbind the listening TCP ports and use TCP_bind again ?

or is there an other reason why the webserver is not responding.

I use Lwip 1.3.1

Kind regards

Ruben