lwip-users

[lwip-users] add 2 netif for 2 ETH MAC´s to have 2 buffer pools

From: Thomas Richter (TCD - DE/Dresden)
Subject: [lwip-users] add 2 netif for 2 ETH MAC´s to have 2 buffer pools
Date: Mon, 16 May 2011 09:41:22 +0200

Hi,

I will add two net interfaces for two Ethernet MAC´s with lwIP version
1.3.2 (or 1.4.0).
I hope that this allows me to handle (two) different buffer pools for my
different TCP/IP ports.

Is it possible with the same lwIP ( TCP/IP stack)?
If yes, use the two different netif´s (adding with netif_add(&netif1,
..., ethernetif_init1, ethernet_input1) and netif_add(&netif2, ...,
ethernetif_init2, ethernet_input2) ) the same pbuf pool
(LWIP_PBUF_MEMPOOL in memp_std.h with PBUF_POOL_SIZE) ??

My background:
I need two TCP/IP ports which are should work independently. In my tests
so far the following problem occurs.
The communication at first port (control port) is blocked (no ACK will
be send) if the second port (data port) signals "Window Size = 0" in
case of Receive Not Ready.

I am still searching for a practicable way to use the flow control via
TCP protocol at data port and to continue the processing at control port
at the same time.

Thanks for any help / tips.

Thomas

PS:
For better understanding I have added a Wireshark log file to the email.
The control port is at port 6500 and the data port is at port 6501.