lwip-users

[lwip-users] a beginners questions about lwip, sockets and threads

From: ake . forslund
Subject: [lwip-users] a beginners questions about lwip, sockets and threads
Date: Tue, 24 May 2011 15:14:42 +0200

Hi,

I've just started porting lwip to our platform and I have run in to some slight problems and I hope this is the right mailing list for these kind of questions (if it isn't please redirect me to a more suitable place)

I've gotten the porting layer in place and the my lwip_init() has stopped complaining about my timeouts. The next step as I figure is to test the socket-API using the loopback interface.

My questions are:
1. Can I use threads? One to receive and one to transmit data and then check if the data arrives correctly?
2. Should I use TCP or UDP-sockets (SOCK_STREAM/SOCK_DGRAM)
3. Are the unit tests for porting or for the developers of the stack? (I've looked for info on this but I haven't found an answer yet)
4. I'm currently running 1.3.2 is there any reason to upgrade to 1.4.0 besides the new number?

I've already tried to start thread-to-thread-communication with sockets but I'm quite inexperienced when it comes to working with sockets so I might have done some trivial mistake. My init sequence and socket-code can be found here: http://pastebin.com/ScSZ7fYK if anyone has a slow afternoon and feel like nitpicking =)

Thanks in advance.

Best regards
/Åke Forslund

Åke Forslund