lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] Non-blocking I/O in lwip

From: Simon Goldschmidt
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] Non-blocking I/O in lwip
Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2011 12:36:46 +0200

Francesco Sacchi <address@hidden> wrote:
> We see that non-blocking sending has been implemented in lwip-1.4, and
> here is our question: if we upgrade will this issue be solved?
>
> In other words, if I open a socket in non-blocking mode, I suppose that
> the lwip_send() will return an error in case it would block
> (EWOULDBLOCK), but then, if I close the socket, will the memory
> allocated be freed correctly?

Yes, 1.4.0 should work for you: if no buffers are available, a non-blocking
send returns EWOULDBLOCK (which a blocking send waits indefinitly for memory to
become available).

However, you might want to control the amount of data buffered on the listening
connection so that the out-of-memory condition doesn't happen at all?

Simon