lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] lwip 1.4 - no FIN sent!

From: Stephane Lesage
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] lwip 1.4 - no FIN sent!
Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2011 17:12:38 +0200

>  Well, now, with 1.4.0, the same function never gives a FIN when file
> is
>  sent. Same code.
>  Most of (all?) the time, a PSH where sent on the last packet though.
>  The browser sometimes seamed unhappy about missing FIN, so I tried to
>  change the code a bit;
>
>  while( (b_read = vfile_read( vfh, temp_buff, HTTP_TEMP_BUFF_SIZE )) )
>  {
>      so_write ( pc_sock, temp_buff, b_read );
>  }
>  shutdown( pc_sock, SHUT_RDWR );
>  sleep( 100 ); // 100 ms sleep.
>  close( pc_sock );
>
>  And while it works better now (the browser gets a RST with the
close()
>  (still no FIN), and understands this way, not to expect any more
> data),
>  it seams wrong?

Hi,
same here, except I use only close() and not shutdown().

When I close a telnet-like connection with my "quit" command, the lwip
server sends the FIN correctly.

So I suppose there's something wrong when there is data queued and not
sent yet (naggle).
I noticed a 200 ms delay before the last data packet and RST are sent.
So I have trouble refreshing my status pages with XMLHttpRequest
javascript.
And I also noticed that sometimes loading a picture takes quite a long
time (more than 1 second).
I don't remember exactly when, but it was working better before.

I suggest someone with TCP knowledge (simon, Kieran ?) takes a look at
this issue.

Best regards
--
Stephane Lesage