lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] restarting a connection with the raw api

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] restarting a connection with the raw api
Date: Fri, 02 Sep 2011 21:44:04 +0200

Kieran Mansley wrote:
3) Then call tcp_connect()
  - this will either succeed and call the connected callback passed to
tcp_connect, or fail and call the error callback specified by tcp_err()
  - if the error callback is called because of a timeout I think you
could immediately call tcp_connect() again, but I haven't checked this.
And if the default connect timeout is too long for you, you can implement a timeout yourself by registering a poll function using tcp_poll(). This function will get called periodically and if after the x'th call, neither the connect nor the error callback has been called, you can abort the connect request by calling tcp_close().
Hope that helps.  This is all taken from lwip/doc/rawapi.txt, and there
is more detail there.
Hehe...

Simon