lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] auto-reload

From: Rocco Brandi
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] auto-reload
Date: Tue, 4 Oct 2011 22:04:49 +0200

great! thank you!

On Tue, Oct 4, 2011 at 11:15 AM, David Brown <address@hidden> wrote:

You can get some degree of server push if you need it:

<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comet_%28programming%29>

On 04/10/2011 09:16, Rocco Brandi wrote:
ok, thanks

Rocco ^_^

On Tue, Oct 4, 2011 at 3:20 AM, Felipe de Andrade Neves
<address@hidden
<mailto:address@hiddencom>> wrote:

   Hello.
   In the HTTP protocol the webserver has no authorization to perform
   any action. It does only answer browsers requests. All this super
   interactive websites works this way, always using GET and/or POST
   methods. That is why _javascript_ exists, it turns on the possibility
   to browsers perform advanced actions in order
   to generally improve user experience.

   If you want a peace of page that auto refreshes, it must be achieved
   by GET and POST requests through a _javascript_ on the command.

   I'd suggest you to read a good HTML+Ajax book.

   Att.

   2011/10/3 Rocco Brandi
   <address@hidden
   <mailto:address@hidden>>

       I asked because I use lwIP and the httpd-server raw to implement
       my web server. I thought that maybe someone else has already
       done what I'm trying to do, that is send, through lwIP, a web
       page to a browser without an explicit "get" command from the
       browser itself. the more straight solution would be that the web
       page asks a refresh every N seconds, like the example in
       freeRTOS, but I'd like to avoid it and let the web server hanlde it

       On Mon, Oct 3, 2011 at 6:49 PM,
       address@hidden
       <mailto:address@hidden>
       <address@hidden

       <mailto:address@hidden>> wrote:

           In which respect is this question lwIP-related? There's
           nothing lwIP can do for you here, you'll want to find out
           more about web programming, I guess...

           Simon

           Rocco Brandi wrote:
           Hi everyone!

           I have a web page that shows the content of some memory
           locations that I use as registers. I'd like that when  the
           value of some of these registers changes, the web server
           will send the updated page and refresh the browser.

           how can I do it?

           up to now, my web server only responde to "GET" command
           from the browser

           Thanks, Rocco ^_^