lwip-users

[lwip-users] memp_malloc: out of memory in pool TCP_PCB

From: Anirudha Sarangi
Subject: [lwip-users] memp_malloc: out of memory in pool TCP_PCB
Date: Fri, 4 Nov 2011 16:32:00 +0800 (SGT)

Hi,
Recently after fixing my previous issue (I had an issue in sys_arch.c), I came across one interesting issue for lwip140 which is not seen in lwip130.

I have a RTOS based application running and I have a small webserver application.
I saw that after refreshing the webpage several times on the host PC, I start getting messages:

memp_malloc: out of memory in pool TCP_PCB

Inspite of these messages webserver works. But these messages are really annoying and tell us that something horrible has happened.

I checked the memory pools. I have defined "MEMP_NUM_TCP_PCB as 64".
So precisely after around 64 http requests, I start getting the above message.
If I reduce MEMP_NUM_TCP_PCB to 32, I start getting the messages after around 32 refreshes.

Is it some kind of bug? Is there anything I should be doing while closing the socket each time other than calling lwip_close ?

regards
Anirudha