lwip-users

[lwip-users] UDP flooding: PBUF_POOL leak?

From: Gerhard Wallraf
Subject: [lwip-users] UDP flooding: PBUF_POOL leak?
Date: Mon, 5 Dec 2011 18:16:36 +0100

Hi all,

I'm currently experimenting with FreeRTOS 7.0.1 and lwip 1.3.2 on an AT91SAM7X microcontroller.
The project includes a UDP (SNTP server) socket, which has been implemented twice now: one time by
using the socket API and the other time using raw udp API with callback (via udp_recv() ).

When I start to bothering the UDP socket by sending messages towards it (running 50 NTP clients in parallel),
the output of PBUF_POOL statistics sooner or later shows lines like this even after stopping all clients:

MEM PBUF_POOL:
avail: 64
used: 31
max: 43
err: 4746

Socket-based UDP implementation pseudo-code is found at http://pastebin.com/NUFmX58p .

Please tell me what other information to provide if you'd like to help.

Thanks in advance,

Gerhard