lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] lwIP RAW API and "deferred processing" in differentcont

From: Gisle Vanem
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] lwIP RAW API and "deferred processing" in differentcontext
Date: Wed, 07 Dec 2011 12:16:52 +0100

"Ueli Niederer" <address@hidden> wrote:

I'm working on a project for a Stellaris controller, based on a demo project incorperating the lwIP Stack V1.3.2 ported by TI. Since there is no operating system in the project, NO_SYS is set to 1 and I have to use the raw API to implement the TCP server.

I have a question in this regard too. What it is the main reason we cannot have BSD-sockets when NO_SYS=1? I have ported LwIP to
djgpp/OpenWatcom on MSDOS which lack a good implementation of
pthreads.

Simon Goldschmidt <address@hidden> wrote:

In general, it would be a better idea to enqueue RX packets for processing at application level, though, so that lwIP runs completely at application level.

That's what I do. I.e. all input handling happens from a tight polling loop in my main(). Are there no chance to get sockets on these targets?

--gv