lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] memory pools question

From: Simon Goldschmidt
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] memory pools question
Date: Fri, 27 Jan 2012 18:11:15 +0100

 jblackarty <address@hidden> wrote:

> No! In general case, sizes are NOT different. At compile-time macro
> expansions define each size, but at run-time sys_mbox_new() cannot match given
> numeric value to one of macros if their values are equal. That's the
> problem !

What's the problem there? You can just use one pool then. The number of mboxes
allocated shouldn't be limited by the sys port: instead, you should have enough
mboxes to allocate all raw, top and UDP connections. Limiting the number of
these is the expected way to limit memory usage.

> I suggest define enumeration of mbox types and change
> interface of sys_mbox_new() to pass that type instead size. This
> solution will be more flexible

Yes, that would be more flexible, but I don't see a pressing need to change the
Port API yet another time.

Simon