lwip-users

[lwip-users] tcp_tmr goes into infinite loop with tcp_active_pcbs

From: Sylvain Bernard
Subject: [lwip-users] tcp_tmr goes into infinite loop with tcp_active_pcbs
Date: Sat, 28 Jan 2012 11:15:18 -0800

Hi all, I've got a system running a connection-less tcp client which periodically opens/sends/closes some telemetry to a backend.

On occasion, when a connection failure occurs (link/server is down), the following open connection that succeeds (server/link is back online) will result in its tcb listed in the tcp_active_pcbs BUT pointing back to itself, which causes an infinite loop in tcp timer.

I've seen a couple old posts on a similar issue but no mentions on a possible cause/resolution.  Any idea?

note: the lwip stack is running in a single-threaded environment (no OS)

Sylvain

Email: address@hidden
Web: www.siana-systems.com
Tel: (858) 480-7271

"The difficult I do immediately, the impossible just takes a bit longer."