lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] lwIP performance with FreeRTOS

From: Chris Ponder
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] lwIP performance with FreeRTOS
Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2012 09:37:48 +0000

Thanks Simon,

Our application is really one of throughput, taking data in and spitting it out
as UDP packets on the Ethernet as fast as we can. Unfortunately we do have
other tasks that need to run while this is happening. Packets coming the other
way number less than 100 for the 20,000 to 30,000 typical up-stream packet
count.

Having said that, I am expecting performance degradation from the down-stream
packets and other tasks. Hence my desire to ensure we have acceptable
performance before introducing those elements. I have been wondering if there
is a way of using the pbuf interface and encapsulating the whole lwIP plus send
code in a single thread, but so far this has proved an elusive target.

Chris