lwip-users

[lwip-users] 2 Interfaces , PPP over Serial and Ethernet

From: nkarakotas
Subject: [lwip-users] 2 Interfaces , PPP over Serial and Ethernet
Date: Mon, 5 Mar 2012 11:23:29 +0200

Hello,

I have system with an ethernet and a GSM modem on. The application involves uploading remotely through the PPP connection and ethernet usually to access the web application. I have a problem when running the two interfaces together. Separately they run ok. Initialy I bring up the ethernet and add it as the default interface. Then I connect to the ISP via PPP. Its all ok and it adds the interface pp.
I then try to netconn_gethostbyname(). I get a fault in the ip.c file at ip_route function:

It searches for the appropriate interface it finds pp which is up but doesn’t meet the following condition:
if (ip_addr_netcmp(dest, &(netif->ip_addr), &(netif->netmask))) {
}

Afterwards it iterates the list and the weird thing is that it doesn’t find em interface. Then netif –>next should be 0x0 but is 0xfffffff. This makes me think of some overflow or stack problem. I don’t really know where to look any help would be appreciated!

struct netif *
ip_route(ip_addr_t *dest)
{
  struct netif *netif;

  /* iterate through netifs */
  for(netif = netif_list; netif != NULL; netif = netif->next) {
    /* network mask matches? */
    if (netif_is_up(netif)) {
      if (ip_addr_netcmp(dest, &(netif->ip_addr), &(netif->netmask))) {
        /* return netif on which to forward IP packet */
        return netif;
      }
    }
  }