lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] compiling LWIP 1.3.2 on IAR EWARM 6.0

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] compiling LWIP 1.3.2 on IAR EWARM 6.0
Date: Tue, 06 Mar 2012 18:31:05 +0100

Carol Lai wrote:
I’m compiling LWIP 1.3.2 as C++ language in IAR.  But I’m getting the following error message.

Error[Pe135]: class "tcp_pcb" has no member "lwip_recv" C:\Projects\Plastic\LWIP_Problem\platform\StellarisWare\third_party\lwip-1.3.2\src\core\tcp.c 837

There a at least three things that are strange here:
1. IAR doesn't seem to care that the recv() macro (defined at the end of sockets.h) is a function-like macro but 'recv' is not used as a function in tcp.c. That might be a problem of compiling it as C++ (and not C).
2. It seems like somehow tcp.c includes sockets.h (which it shouldn't) - or where does the redefinition from 'recv' to 'lwip_recv' come from? Did you place an include to sockets.h somewhere in a global header file (e.g. lwipopts.h or cc.h)?
3. tcp.c 837 of lwIP 1.3.2 says "pcb->flags &= ~(TF_ACK_DELAY | TF_ACK_NOW);" - I don't see where recv or lwip_recv is referenced??

If you don't find why sockets.h is included from these files, I'd recommend to disable LWIP_COMPAT_SOCKETS first, that should correct it, but you then have to define it to 1 in every application file before including sockets.h (if you really need that feature).

Also, you might want to upgrade to 1.4.0, since 1.3.2 is outdated.

“This message and any attachments may contain FW Murphy information that is highly confidential, privileged, and exempt from disclosure. Any recipient other than the intended recipient is advised that dissemination, distribution, copying, or other use of this message is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately, plus delete the message and any backups.”

LOL, that's a funny footer for a message sent to a public list which is archived in many places on the web :-)

Simon