lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] Using ARP to get MAC address

From: Kieran Mansley
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] Using ARP to get MAC address
Date: Tue, 6 Mar 2012 20:00:59 +0000

On 23 Feb 2012, at 21:08, Tomas D. wrote:

> Maybe someone could tell me how to solve this problem of getting IP address
> if I am inside interrupt where ethernetif_input() doesn't do the processing?

It sounds to me like you've got an interrupt, which will be running at
relatively high priority, waiting for the result of something that will only
run at lower priority, and so this other task can never run.  I would just
avoid doing work in the interrupt, and instead queue it for a lower-priority
task to do.

Kieran