lwip-users

[lwip-users] tcp_poll callback never be called

From: yuantu Huang
Subject: [lwip-users] tcp_poll callback never be called
Date: Sun, 11 Mar 2012 04:00:18 -0700 (PDT)

Dear All,

I am writing a TCP server by using lwip 1.4.1 on AT91SAM7X512 with FreeRTOS 7.0.1. tcp_recv and tcp_sent are working as expected, but the tcp_poll callback is never be called. The code snippets are as follows:

static err_t OnPoll(void *arg, struct tcp_pcb *pcb)
{
}

static err_t OnAccept(void *arg, struct tcp_pcb *pcb, err_t err)
{
    tcp_poll(pcb, OnPoll, 10);
}

The server can be connected by multiple clients (currently is limited to 4 clients) simultaneously and sends messages (70bytes) to each client every second. Each clients sends a message to the server every minute. After running for a couple of hours, the server stops response to clients. Therefore I would like to use tcp_poll to find the root cause of the server stopping response. Of course, the root cause may come from AT91SAM7X512 driver or FreeRTOS ethernet interface.

Am I missing something to use tcp_poll? Any help will be very much appreciated.

Yuantu