lwip-users

[lwip-users] Using libcurl on top of lwip

From: Mason
Subject: [lwip-users] Using libcurl on top of lwip
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2012 16:40:37 +0100

Hello,

I'm trying to port libcurl on top of lwip.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CURL
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LwIP

My main difficulty is the close function, because it is
defined both in libc.a, to deal with regular files, and
in lwip.a, to deal with sockets.

I suppose the simple solution would be to convince libcurl
to use lwip_close instead of close?

It looks like libcurl wrapped the call to close within a macro,
which means I would only have to change one line:

#if defined(HAVE_CLOSESOCKET)
#  define sclose(x)  closesocket((x))
#elif defined(HAVE_CLOSESOCKET_CAMEL)
#  define sclose(x)  CloseSocket((x))
#else
#  define sclose(x)  close((x))
#endif

There's a similar problem with fcntl, with the added complexity
that some of the parameters are #defined in two places.

I'd be happy to hear suggestions, opinions, comments...

--
Regards.