lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] LwIP 1.3.2 -> 1.4.0: Huge RAM increase for PPP use

From: Paul Archer
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] LwIP 1.3.2 -> 1.4.0: Huge RAM increase for PPP use
Date: Wed, 2 May 2012 14:36:47 +1000

On Mon, Apr 30, 2012 at 9:11 PM, Marco Jakobs <address@hidden> wrote:
> What are the changes which uses this huge amount of memory in LwIP 1.4.0
> while using PPP? Is there any way to get this down again without hurting the
> PPP functionality?

I am not aware of any major changes, so I am just trying to post some
hints so you can look into it.

Maybe just do a diff (ignore whitespace) of the ppp files for version
1.3.2 and 1.4.0.

I think it might be something more along the lines of something being
used/defined in the lwipopts.h that wasn't before. But first can you
do a check of different versions of ppp.

Regards Paul