lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] TCP memerr caused by TCP_SND_QUEUELEN (too long queue)

From: Krzysztof Wesołowski
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] TCP memerr caused by TCP_SND_QUEUELEN (too long queue)
Date: Wed, 23 May 2012 09:42:23 +0200

Being very limited on memory on my system (defined the MEM PBUF_POOL to 64) i don't want to increase this value too much - but what is finally the result of getting a TCP memerr caused by the "too long queue" event? Will the NETCONN_WRITE pause until a new pbuf becomes available, of is anything being lost here?

 As far as I know netconn api just blocks, so you will loose some throughput becouse of short packet queue. This is bigger problem when round trip time goes bigger (like over WiFi or Internet), but with local connection the difference is not so significant from my experiments.

Regards,
Krzysztof Wesołowski