lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] Start DHCP from application thread not tcpip thread

From: Simon Goldschmidt
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] Start DHCP from application thread not tcpip thread
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2012 08:48:38 +0200

Fred39 <address@hidden> wrote:
> Like i said it works fine only when i start dhcp_start from my application
> thread while locking the scheduler, without tcpip_callback.

Locking the scheduler is not enough, as lwIP's tcpip_thread might be in the
middle of something when you just lock the scheduler.

> Due to time pressure we have decided to stay on LWIP 1.1.1 so i dont have
> this function. Can't LWIP 1.1.1 manage this problem?

Even lwIP 1.1.1 has the tcpip_callback() function. You just have to create a
callback function to be called which then calls dhcp_start(). See other usages
of tcpip_callback() throughout the stack for an example.

Simon