lwip-users

[lwip-users] Problem using 2 Netifs

From: Fred39
Subject: [lwip-users] Problem using 2 Netifs
Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2012 05:01:49 -0700 (PDT)

Hi LWIP Users,

I am currently working on a device which has two network interfaces. One
from the uC and one over USB which is a virtual network device. My Lwip
Version is 1.1.1 i know its old but i am not allowed to change it. Could
lwip make problems when 2 netifs are registred? I set my uC netif as default
because it uses dhcp/static ip for that i use the global netif_default for
it. The virtual netif has a static ip.
My Pseudo code looks like this:

1.      init_lwip
2.      HW init uC
3.      netif_add(uCnetif,tcpip_input)
4.      HW_init virtual device
5.      netif_add(virtualnetif,tcpip_input)

In the global variable netif_list is see both of the netifs with correct
settings. I only set the uC netif as default, because for this i use
different protocol for IP address (DHCP or static) and i set IP through my
application thread in a thread save way :)

I am now facing a problem that my upperlayer tasks using tcp or udp are not
working when both interfaces are added. If only the uC netif is initialized
it works.
When 2 netifs over Wireshark is see that data is send to my device but i get
a SACK_PERM=1, the device is not recveiving the data.
Is this phenomen familiar to somebody? Should it be possible to use 2 netifs
in the old lwip 1.1.1 ?

Where could i start searching for the problem.

Regards