lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] implementing device driver: netif events handling

From: jblackarty
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] implementing device driver: netif events handling
Date: Thu, 9 Aug 2012 14:27:22 +0700

> While multiple ports use separate thread for packets input, it is not
> the only way LwIP can work. If yor driver operates in tcp_ip thread
> there is no need for it to be thread safe.
I know. I implicitly meant only case when NO_SYS=0 (that is multithreading)

> If u use separate threa
> thera are netifapi_* variants of functions which uses messages with
> call back to pass execution to tcpip thread.
netifapi.h doesn't contain functions to work with link status.

Seems like there are no problem now. I misunderstanded phrase "If you are
using the tcpip thread, then you should call tcpip_callback..." from
wiki. I associated key words "tcpip thread" and "callback" with
"raw"/callback unthreaded interface which implemented by functions
prefixed with "tcpip_" and thus thought it's not my case. Now I'll use
tcpip_callback.

It should be noted that terminology used across wiki isn't consistent
which leads to such confusions. (Please, don't answer "you are welcome
to improve!", I feel embarrassed :) ...but I made an anonymous correction of
critical typo in "Custom memory pools" page :) )

Issues #1 and #3 are still open.