lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] lwIP host PING dramatic speed decrease

From: Kjel Snorre Jahrus
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] lwIP host PING dramatic speed decrease
Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2012 09:45:19 +0200

@Kieran Yes, I guessed that was the reason, but is there a way to filter the messages that I don't need? Mostly all of them are broadcasts for different services that are running on the network.
@Artur I am using a Micrel 8851SNL chip, which I am configuring for 100Mbits. I checked the cables, and the MAC is hopefully good initialized; the reason of my problem is the big number of broadcasts.

@All Is there a way to filter unwanted messages or discard them earlier in the stack?

Thank you in advance,
Kjel Snorre

On Mon, Aug 13, 2012 at 9:01 AM, Funk, Artur <address@hidden> wrote:
It would be easier if you would tell us what kind of hardware you have
used. In the past I have had similar problem since my PHY was
initialized wrong (10Mbits Speed). It wasn't unobtrusive in a P2P
connection, but with a lot of traffic in our firm lan, the response time
was terrible. So far about my situation but it could be everything, bad
cable, wrong initialized MAC and so on...

Best regards

Artur Funk