lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] Re connect HTTP

From: H.A.
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] Re connect HTTP
Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2012 08:02:14 -0700 (PDT)

This is really a question to Simon Goldschmidt.

When you reply to a post you always show the first part of the other persons
email address as a quote.
When other people answer you just see the username. In my case I have a
rather unusual name and I don't like the idea that someone can build a data
base on me by doing some clever Internet searches. If someone wants my name
I have no problems give it out on the forum but I would prefer to insert
some spaces, punctuations etc. to avoid Internet searches and bots.

As said in the nabble help:
Is my email address protected?
Yes. All email addresses on Nabble are obfuscated.
Removing just the domain is not really obfuscating. At least not in my case.
You could always try this partial address on all big mail sites. If the mail
doesn't bounce, they know it is a valid address. I'm sure there are people
that use scripts for that to generate spam. I have enough of that already.
:-(

Anyway, my LWIP problem is not yet solved. It works but I have too much
traffic.