lwip-users

[lwip-users] ethernetif_input usage with Ethernet over SPI

From: Tomáš Švec
Subject: [lwip-users] ethernetif_input usage with Ethernet over SPI
Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2012 10:08:22 +0200

Hello,

I am implementing lwip 1.4.0 on quite a specific configuration. The stack itself is running on an STM32 chip, which is connected through SPI to another one, which handles Ethernet traffic (I just send the right data on SPI and the other chip takes care of the rest). There is an issue, however, regarding package reception - I have to poll a register with events in the main loop, which tells me "I have an Ethernet frame waiting" or "No, I don't". The problem is, in that case, I need to call ethernetif_input manually when I receive the package, right?  In case it is right, ethernetif_input is a static function, which does not allow me to use it outside its translation unit. Is it safe to remove the "static" attribute, or is my understanding of the concept completely wrong?
I am using CodeSourcery Lite GCC compiler, no OS on the chip and RAW API.

Thank you for your time.

Tomas