lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] Problems getting a basic example running

From: Fre Net
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] Problems getting a basic example running
Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2012 15:14:37 -0700

I'm using lwip_init() to initialize LWIP. Is this not the correct way to do this? Here's the code from the start of my program to where the error occurs:

int sockfd;
struct sockaddr_in their_addr; // connector's address information
struct hostent *he;
int numbytes;
int broadcast = 1;
lwip_init();

if ((sockfd = socket(AF_INET, SOCK_DGRAM, 0)) < 0) {
 perror("socket?");
 exit(1);
}

Thanks,
Fred

On Fri, Aug 24, 2012 at 11:34 AM, Kieran Mansley <address@hidden> wrote:

On 22 Aug 2012, at 02:18, Fre Net wrote:

> I've got some more info in the hopes that this will help...
>
> I've debugged a bit more and found that from within tcpip_apimsg():
>
> sys_mbox_valid(&mbox) is failing causing a return of ERR_VAL.
>
> This in turn causes netconn_new_with_proto_and_callback() to return NULL. I am not sure why it is failing. netconn_new_with_proto_and_callback() is not failing at the asserts after the tcpip_apimsg() call.

That suggests that it hasn't been initialised.  How are you initialising lwIP in your project?

Kieran