lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] lwip and MPU (FreeRTOS-MPU)

From: Simon Goldschmidt
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] lwip and MPU (FreeRTOS-MPU)
Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2012 16:20:29 +0200

jblackarty <address@hidden> wrote:

>>> Richard, I'm going to surprise you. It does!
>>
>> Of course - you are right when you make API function calls.  In my mind
>> I was just thinking about the tick interrupt and context switch
>> interrupt - which uses the system stack.
>
> It's a pity. I've just started to proud myself that I found a
> sensational fundamental mistake in mind of author (project leader?)

I'm not sure what you're saying here: you found a mistake in Richard's mind? :-)

> of the most popular worldwide
> used RTOS

Now that's a nice thing to say! :-)

> and every month more than 7000 users are starting to use
> wrong designed RTOS. :)))

I don't think 7000 people per month are downloading the MPU version. Isn't the
MPU version pretty new? Instead of complaining about that it's broken, why
don't you try to contribute and say how it could be improved? Same thing for
lwIP: as you seem to be the first who wants to use lwIP with an MPU in this
way, why don't you try to make it work and contribute the changes back to us?

Looking forward to that,
Simon