lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] lwip building on different platforms

From: Pomeroy, Marty
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] lwip building on different platforms
Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2012 07:45:05 -0400

>>  Does anyone know of examples that have left the original lwip directory
>>  tree in place and simply referenced it in a make file?

Check out the wiki at http://lwip.wikia.com/wiki/LwIP_Wiki, especially under Getting Started (from that page), the Platform Developer's Manual.  Just be aware that the documentation is a bit like Linux man pages: good enough if you know what you are doing.  Coding and features are the strength of the lwIP community.  So working with this stack is difficult for inexperienced developers.

There are examples.  In the FreeRTOS download, lwIP_Demo_Rowley_ARM7 is a 1.1 port that kept the tree.  My port of lwIP 1.4.0 keeps the tree as is.  You can also look in the contrib portion of the sources at http://cvs.savannah.gnu.org/viewvc/contrib/apps/?root=lwip.

Adding or dropping files from your build depends entirely on what features you enable in lwip_opts.h.

Hope this helps!

Marty