lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] Changing Port number at run time

From: junix
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] Changing Port number at run time
Date: Wed, 03 Oct 2012 11:44:11 +0200

Quoting Simon Goldschmidt <address@hidden>:

Sanchayan wrote:
I tried to see in lwiplib.c file, if there is a function like lwIPNetworkConfigChange(), which will help me change the port number for a particular connection.
I don't know that file, which suggests it is not part of lwIP itself but rather part of a specific lwIP port.
You are right. It's part of the Stellaris-Port that TI did. According to the documentation, the function he mentioned uses either netif_set_addr or does the DHCP stuff needed to get/change the IP-Adress:
//! This function will evaluate the new configuration data. If necessary, the
//! interface will be brought down, reconfigured, and then brought back up
//! with the new configuration.

I have got a connection running in listening mode on a particular port. For giving Dynamic DNS provision, i need to change the port number of my listening connection at run time.
I don't understand this one. What exactly do you want to achieve? I don't yet get why you need to change the port number of your LISTENING port at runtime?

Regards
Ueli