lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] coap on lwip

From: chrysn
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] coap on lwip
Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2013 00:49:57 +0100

On Tue, Jan 15, 2013 at 08:55:08AM -0700, Ivan Delamer wrote:
> Do you plan on using Coap over 6LowPAN with LwIP? I haven't seen a 6LowPAN
> netif implementation but it is a desirable contribution and one that I'd
> be happy to integrate to LwIP if there was an implementation available.

for the time being, it'll be coap over ipv4 on ethernet or wifi for me,
with the device being the gateway to other bus systems.

running 6lowpan is a future option i'm considering, but i'm not really
familiar with the 6lowpan protocol details, so i'd have a hard time
adding a netif by myself. (i just so managed to write a netif for the
ethernet driver i'm using, which still doesn't work to my full
satisfaction, even if it should be a no-brainer.) even then, would that
really be a full netif implementation for ipv6? (i figure that if it's
an ipv6 netif, replies to requests from 6lowpan would internally be
converted to ipv6, read, an ipv6 reply would be written, and returned,
instead of going the short address way).

as far as i see in the wiki, dual-stack will first come with 1.5.0 --
my application depends on ipv4 support for now, which makes ipv6
uninteresting as things are now.

best regards
chrysn

  -- Bene Gesserit axiom