lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] NO_SYS, TCP/IP and sockets

From: Fabian Cenedese
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] NO_SYS, TCP/IP and sockets
Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2013 15:20:35 +0100

>> Is this still the case with lwip 1.4.1? Can't sockets be used
>> without system?
>
>No. It's in the nature of BSD-alike socket APIs that they run "sequential".
>lwIP needs a dedicated thread to handle incoming packets and timers.

I thought this would also be done from the polling thread.

>> If I go the other road with NO_SYS=0, how many threads
>> will be created?
>
>lwIP only creates one thread. You create the other threads, so it's up to you
>how many it will be.

I'm trying now NO_SYS=0 and implemented the sys_ functions. So I
have the tcpip_thread running and disabled my previous poll thread.
But I don't see now how the incoming frames would be given to lwip.
The poll thread called myethif_service -> myethif_input -> low_level_input.
How should it be done now? Should my interrupt handler call
myethif_input (which calls low_level_input) and give the received
data to netif->input (which is tcpip_input)?

The thread is running, I can see the reply coming in and but it
somehow doesn't get to lwip.

Thanks

bye  Fabi