lwip-users

[lwip-users] Question about SSI

From: Louis Wells
Subject: [lwip-users] Question about SSI
Date: Mon, 4 Feb 2013 11:33:18 -0800

Hello,

I recently got a webserver up and running with lwip.

Now that the webserver works, I am in the process of porting over our current webserver that is being run by uip.

I have run into a bit of an issue with SSI on lwip compared to uip however.

It appears that the SSI support for the provided lwip webserver is limited to running a handler function when a <!--#******--> is parsed in the html file to be sent, that basically populates a string which is the inserted to the file being sent.

The issue is that we have a lot of SSI in our webserver including things such as the header, the footer, the menu, and so on.

With uip, the tag %!: followed by a path to the (s)html file to be sent performs the include very simply, and %! will set up a cgi callback.

Is there something in the lwip http server that I am missing that will allow me to include other (s)html files easily, or am I going to need to bake this functionality into my SSI handler ?

Thanks