lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] Problem with fragmented TCP packets using slow 3G conne

From: Krzysztof Wesołowski
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] Problem with fragmented TCP packets using slow 3G connection
Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2013 14:16:58 +0100

> lwIP - maybe that case with embedded device, router and slow 3G network is
> rare and lwIP dont handle it proprely.
> I use FreeRTOS 7.2 and lwIP 1.4.0 with socket API.

I use LwIP 1.4.1 and netconn API, allowing for example to remotely
dump flash image of STM32F4 (1MB) over EDGE router so slow connection
is not problem for LwIP itself - i was actually impressed that it
works so well. Maybe something is not well tuned in lwipopts - have
you tried to enable debug messages in lwip to see if there is no
memory issue?

AFAIK lwip 1.4.0 compatible driver is also compatible with 1.4.1, so
consider upgrading - it is usually less to look for with more bugs
fixed :)

I had some issues due to watchdog (as downloading 1MB can take a few
minutes), and i used switch with port speed limited to few Kbps to
test it locally.

Regards,
Krzysztof Wesołowski,